Thursday, October 24, 2013

My best friend's birthday!

This past Monday was my best friend's birthday! Sarah and I tend to go overboard for each other on our birthday's and Christmas and this year was definitely no exception! I found some beauties on sale and also did some DIY's and wanted to share with everyone the great haul I got for a great friend!


Finds:



Pain, Parties, Work: Sylvia Plath in New York, Summer 1953 by Elizabeth Winder

Not only is this is a biography of our favorite person: Sylvia Plath, but it is a biography that focuses solely on the month of Plath's life that inspired The Bell Jar. I found this browsing the internet months ago and just knew I had to get it for her!


I has no intention of getting these, but I walked by Charlotte Russe and saw the amazing sale they had and just could not resist! 

I love these because they combine one of my favorite things (the color black) and one of Sarah's (crop tops)!


Black Harem Pants, H&M (under $20)

I picked up a pair of these for myself and have literally been living in them since. They are so comfortable, flattering on all body types, and acceptable for almost any kind of social situation really. They are more comfortable than sweats, and much more fashionable. I knew I had to give Sarah these beauties!


Gotta accessorize! I don't think I have ever not gotten Sarah accessories. It's just a staple. It's so easy, fun, and probably my favorite thing to shop for for her! I also liked picking these out because I think they will compliment the black crop tops well!

Now to the DIY's:

DIY #1: Painted Moleskins

Sarah decorated journals for my for my birthday and I absolutely love them! I loved the idea, and knew I wanted to do something similar this year for her birthday. The idea struck me when I was browsing Barnes & Noble and found a treasure I didn't know existed: white moleskins!! I nearly fainted when I saw these beauties and bought a pack of two on the immediate.

Materials for DIY:
  • Moleskins (Barnes & Noble)
  • Paints (AC Moore)
  • Modge Podge (AC Moore)
  • Brushes (AC Moore)


I bought some paints, used brushes and Modge Podge I already had at home and BAM! DIY painted moleskins!



DIY #2: Homemade Midi Ring

Materials:
  • Thin copper wire (AC Moore)
  • Wire cutters

This DIY was so easy and I love the result! All I did was twist some copper wire around my finger and used some wire cutters to cut the wire. You could get more fancy and use pliers, but I guess I just got lucky! Tip: be sure to be careful where to bend your cut wire- you don't want to cut yourself!


...And that's that! Some great gifts for the greatest person I know!




Happy Birthday to you Sarie!  Thanks for being my best friend (I really don't know how you do it). Love you to the moon and back. Xo.





1 comment: